Your “personal information” is any information or opinion about you, or from which you are reasonably identifiable.
Privacy collection notice
- How we store and use, and how you may access and correct your personal information;
- How you can lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal information; and
- How we will handle any complaint.
If you would like any further information about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
In general, BuyersCircle collects the following types of personal information about consumers: name, contact information (including postal and e-mail address and telephone numbers), gender, age and date of birth, product preferences, purchasing histories, credit card details and other information relating to a users’ dealings with us. We generally use this personal information to assist in the supply of products and services, for promotional purposes and for our internal administrative purposes.
BuyersCircle collects personal information from users in a number of different ways including directly from a user when they provide it to us (or our agents or contractors) including when a user:
- visits our websites or platforms;
- acquires or uses our products;
- enters a competition or promotion;
- responds to a survey;
- joins one of our event/group or mailing lists; or
- otherwise contacts us.
We may also generate personal information about uers from information that we have. For example, by analysing our records of a user’s use of our products or services or the user’s previous dealings with us.
We may also collect personal information about users from publically available resources or (in circumstances where it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain it from the user directly) from third parties.
BuyersCircle collects information from user to provide payment related services:
- financial information, such as your bank account and credit card details;
- details of the products and services that you have purchased or enquired about, including any additional information necessary to process payments and respond to your enquiries.
Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through WeChat, third party payment merchants, and/or WeChat application/mini programs that we own or license (Apps); and/or any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us and is provided to us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties.
We may collect this information when you:
- use our website;
- use the Apps;
- enquire about our services;
- receive services from us;
- deposit, or direct a third-party payment merchant or financial institution to deposit, an amount into our bank account;
- request a refund of an amount that was paid into our bank account;
- communicate with us through correspondence, social networking sites (e.g. WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram),email ,online chat bots, Apps, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- direct or otherwise consent to a third party disclosing your personal information to us; and/or
- interact with content, advertising, and marketing campaigns – these may be produced by us or third parties.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- to facilitate your full use and enjoyment of our website and the Apps;
- to provide appropriate information and opinions about our services to you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, the Apps, our services and your user-experience – such as to perform research and analytics;
- to send administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information about our services, or as otherwise requested by you;
- to send you advertising, marketing and promotional messages, and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to provide information to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities if you fail to pay for the services we have provided;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to comply with our legal obligations ,resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our mobile application users or clients, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
When no longer required by us, unless required by law to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information securely.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about us and our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and information from us by directing your request using the contact details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the purpose for which it was collected (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- purposes to which you have consented; or
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Generally, we will only use the personal information that we collect about you for purposes connected with our business operations. These purposes may include:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you (including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner);
- providing goods or services to you or receiving goods or services from you;
- addressing any issues, problems or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and
- developing and improving our products, services and business.
The types of personal information BuyersCircle collects and the purposes for which that personal information is used will depend on the circumstances. Some examples of the types of information that BuyersCircle ordinarily collects in certain situations and how it is ordinarily used are set out below.
- third party suppliers, including cloud-based storage solution service providers and other service providers;
- other users, in circumstances where:
- you are selling products and services to other users of an App, via that App; or
- you are buying products and services from other users of the App, via that App,
to the extent reasonably necessary to facilitate that primary transaction and any secondary transactions (e.g. refunds) pertaining to that buying and selling activity;
if we are the licensee of an App, the licensor of that App;
third party payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, banks) that we rely on to process your payments to us;
our employees and contractors, for administrative purposes and to the extent reasonably necessary to engage in the every day operations of our business;
our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
our related bodies corporate;
anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
persons that we are required, authorised or permitted to disclose your personal information to by law (e.g. government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers of payment processing services (e.g. Stripe) located in the United States of America.
We may also disclose personal information outside of Australia to third parties located in China – in particular, to: Tencent Holdings Limited and its related bodies corporate to the extent required under WeChat’s terms and conditions; Aliyun,to the extent necessary to provide cloud storage services on a database hosted in Australia; and Hangzhou Aoyunhui Technology Co. Ltd, to the extent necessary to provide services to you via the App known as the Feng Xiang Jie Long Mini program WeChat App which is licensed to us by that entity.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We will, however ,take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act (including the Australian Privacy Principles).
‘Cookies’ are small files containing small amounts of information that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Cookies are downloaded to your device when you log in to our website or the Apps, or use certain website and/or App features, and are then sent back to the originating server on each subsequent visit, or to another server that recognises that cookie.
They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies, but our website and/or the Apps may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. In particular:
personal information is stored and secured in a database hosted in a Australia by cloud-based storage provider, Aliyun;
payment transaction data (including credit card details) stored and secured in either the WeChat or third party payment merchants’ (e.g. Stripe’s) encrypted databases;
access to our information systems is controlled through identity and access management, including password protection and.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the below contact information. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the below contact information and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Deleting Your BuyersCircle Account
You can delete your BuyersCircle account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information pursuant to applicable law) using our in-app close my account feature. When you delete / close your BuyersCircle account, your store and account details are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. You won’t be able to reactivate your account or retrieve previous order or commission history once the account is deleted.
Deleting / closing your BuyersCircle account will delete your account information, profile photo, all linked accounts (ie. Obtrends), media library, orders and commission dashboard, and message history. You will not be able to access or withdraw any outstanding commission from your account.
Be mindful that if you only delete the BuyersCircle app from your device without using our in-app close my account feature, your information will be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you close your account, it does not affect your information stored in your other linked accounts which are not operated by BuyersCircle, such as a linked Shopify account.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us about your complaint using the below contact information. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, please let us know and we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
By email: Info@buyerscircle.com.au